La lanterna di Asti Ovest

Uno spazio riservato ai veri autoctoni del Nord Ovest

NOTICE FOR FOREIGNERS IN ITALY

Asti Ovest
    Asti Ovest
    Admin
    Admin

Maschio Messaggi : 8587

NOTICE FOR FOREIGNERS IN ITALY Empty Warning: ambulances also fined in Italy

Messaggio Da Asti Ovest Gio 28 Lug 2011 - 16:50

In Italy also the volunteer ambulance drivers are fined if they exceed the speed limit with and without sirens.
    The spokesman for the Consumers Association says that you are making appeals to the court because in Pistoia are fining drivers who worked with the emergency siren on. The commander of the local police denied them by simply stating that photos can recognize if the emergency ambulance. Please note that the siren is separated from the flashing ... and the photo is mute ...
    There are no limits to the robberies of local governments.
    Inside the forum this and other.

NOTICE FOR FOREIGNERS IN ITALY 0autoveloxptambulanze

I do not compare myself with the world. I compare myself with my soul’s perfection.

I do not co-operate with the world stupidity. I co-operate with my heart’s purest sincerity.

-Sri Chinmoy (1931-2007)

Asti Ovest
    Asti Ovest
    Admin
    Admin

Maschio Messaggi : 8587

NOTICE FOR FOREIGNERS IN ITALY Empty NOTICE FOR FOREIGNERS IN ITALY

Messaggio Da Asti Ovest Mar 3 Mag 2011 - 22:36

Italian motorists have been cheated out of over £5 million ($10 million) through a simple scam, where the time between amber and red traffic light changes is reduced to as little as a blink of an eye. The scam catches unsuspecting motorists that don’t have time to stop when the light suddenly turns red, landing them with a fine for running the red.

This nationwide con is believed to have been operated by corrupt officials in around 30 towns. So far, four contractors have been arrested after a six-month investigation (come on guys) with more arrests expected.

Local councils are thought to have been acting in collusion with the company, called SCAE, who provided and maintained the lights and cameras. Each time a motorist runs a red light, the company’s cameras snap a photo of the offender and fine them €137 (£107/$214).

The uncovering of the scam is expected to lead to thousands of claims from motorists who feel wrongly penalized and rightly so. A few sneaky individuals may even use the opportunity to get out of their legitimate fines. Mon…ey…makes…the…world…go…round.

Sources:
    Telegraph and Times online

Smart traffic lights rigged to trap drivers

By Peter Popham in Rome

Friday, 30 January 2009

If driving in Italy was not already exasperating enough, what was hailed as the introduction of the world's first smart traffic lights has, in fact, made life even more miserable for more than million of the nation's drivers.

Pioneering technology that could automatically detect motorists who jumped red lights and committed other violations, including speeding and illegal turns, was rigged, it is claimed, to trap the innocent and in the process rake in fines of €150 (£130) a time.

Stefano Arrighetti, 45, an engineering graduate from Genoa, who created the "T-Redspeed" system is under house arrest, and 108 other people are under investigation after it was alleged that his intelligent lights were programmed to turn from amber to red in half the regulation time. The technology, which was adopted all over Italy, employs three cameras designed to assess the three-dimensional placement of vehicles passing a red light and store their number plates on a connected computer system.

It is said more than one million Italian drivers were unjustly snared on red and landed with flat fines after the lights did not stay on amber for the regulation five or six seconds.

An idea of the extent of the scam can be gauged from the list of those the police have put under investigation. They include 63 municipal police commanders and 39 local government officials as well as the managers of seven private companies.

Prosecutors in Verona maintain that Mr Arrighetti committed fraud when he supplied his devices to public administrations around Italy because he declared that they had been ratified by the Ministry of Transport. In fact, while the cameras had been ratified, the computer hardware that registered offences had not been. Mr Arrighetti was not answering his phone yesterday, and in fact has never given an interview but his lawyer, Rosario Minniti, maintained that he was blameless in the affair. "Arrighetti is a genius whom the whole world envies," he boasted. "And he does not deserve these accusations ... They are accusing him of fraud in the supply of goods to public entities but he never had any connection to the local administrations." He insisted there was no need for the system's hardware to be ratified.

During the two years it was in use, the T-Redspeed system became loathed by motorists and adored by local governments, which raked in hugely increased revenues from the fines. A report from the police in Milan claims that 300 municipalities and a handful of private companies took a share of the bounty.

The fraud was uncovered by Roberto Franzini, police chief of Lerici, on the Ligurian coast, who – in February 2007 – noticed the abnormal number of fines being issued for jumping red lights. "There were 1,439 for the previous two months," he said. "It seemed too much: at the most our patrols catch 15 per day." He went to check the lights and found that they were changing to red after three seconds instead of the five seconds that had been normal.

Now towns and cities across Italy face the nightmare of processing hundreds of thousands of claims for reimbursement from drivers who say they were victims of the scam. Commander Franzini said: "Safety controls cannot be transformed into a form of taxation."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/2983777/Traffic-light-scam-stuns-Italian-motorists.html

Beware traffic fines from Italy

Honest John warns readers of a fake ticket scam involving illegally altered traffic light timing.

By Honest John 3:30PM BST 10 Sep 2009

In May 2008 I was on holiday in Florence, Italy, and hired a car. Before leaving the airport I asked Avis staff for directions to Siena. Six months later I received a letter from the Florence police saying that I had driven in an unauthorised area and had to pay a €63 fine. There was no evidence to substantiate the allegation and I chose to ignore the accusation. Was that wise?

AB, via email

I receive so many reports about this type of thing – particularly from people who hire cars in and around Florence.

This comes from the Italian Consulate: “According to Italian law, a fine to a person resident abroad must be notified within one year of the date of the traffic violation that caused the fine.

It must also be notified in that person’s language and must contain the indication of a means of payment from abroad (for instance, the international coordinates, IBAN code, of a bank account to which the fine may be paid by international transfer).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/caradvice/honestjohn/6167557/Beware-traffic-fines-from-Italy-Honest-John.html

I do not compare myself with the world. I compare myself with my soul’s perfection.

I do not co-operate with the world stupidity. I co-operate with my heart’s purest sincerity.

-Sri Chinmoy (1931-2007)

La data/ora di oggi è Sab 27 Apr 2024 - 0:42